Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Date night out with a baby

My hubby's birthday is November 5 (Happy BIRTHDAY HUBBY!!!!), but before that date we had a groupon to the Melting Pot, if you don't know what that is look it up ( it's awesome), which expired Oct 27. 

So on October 27, I started prepping the baby from 6pm and then left the apartment at 8pm to drive to the train station to meet hubby in the city.  We decided to have a late dinner in the city that way it would be closer to the baby's bed time and less people and traffic.  So we met hubby in the metro and we rode the train to the restaurant.  Surprisingly the train was packed even though it was 9pm at night.  My little guy did really well though he slept the whole train ride and until we sat down in the restaurant.  At which point he woke up so we gave him bottled breast milk and then he hung out in our arms until it was time to leave. 

Hubby had never been to the Melting Pot before so it was a great experience for him.  Melting Pot, for those who don't know, is a fondue based restaurant.  So they do cheese fondue, and the main course is meat and veggies in a broth base in a fondue pot and then the best part chocolate fondue.  Oddly enough as we were wrapping up our dinner we ran into hubby's sister who was stopping by the restaurant to pick up something she left there during her birthday celebration earlier that month.   She was so amazed at how much Ben had changed...the last time she saw him he was 3 days old. 

It was very interesting eating out with a baby...because you have to really plan and be prepared for diaper changes, eating and entertainment if he wakes up.  Luckily my little guy is a calm baby so as long as he is fed with a dry diaper he will just hang out.  He will stay asleep as long as he is on me or his dad's chest, but the minute we tried to put in the car seat he would start crying.  He seems to hate the car seat we purchased for him...the other thing that amazed me is people...they would all look at the baby and be like he is so cute.  However, when I stepped on the packed train everyone just shoved there way in.  This little old lady is the only person who moved to give up her seat for me to sit down.  When I was pregnant people would give up their seats with no hesitation...why does actually having a baby mean that men still shouldn't give up there seats...humm...

In the end it was an interesting experience and it went a lot smoother than I expected..

No comments:

Post a Comment