Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2 months

My dearest Ben,

Yesterday marked your 2 month birthday.  And we went to the doctor to find out your weight is off the growth chart at 14lbs 15oz and in the 97th percentile for your length 23.75in and average in the head circumference with 40cm.  All this and you are my little butterball...I love you. 

In the past month you have brought added joy to our life.  Mommy is not a morning person but every morning when you wake up you smile and giggle as if to say let's get this party started and that wakes your mommy up in the best mood ever.  Who knew you would make me a morning person...thank you.

You coo now each and everyday and we have mini conversations.  You are starting to learn to control your limbs and will now reach out to grab things.  Mommy's shirt if she's taking too long to feed you, the little lion on your floor toy and so many other things.  You love to stand and are elated when Daddy and I pull you up on your chubby legs. 

In the past month we have turned around your schedule so that you no longer sleep all morning but wake up at 8 or 9 am and stay awake for at least 2-3 hours.  You go down for your nap at 2pm without fail and get mad if I try and delay it.  And for the last week and a half I have been able to successfully put you to bed by 10pm.  Thank you for going to bed by 10 it gives mommy and daddy a chance to relax and bond. 

You have weathered one holiday, meeting your great aunts and uncles on your daddy's side of the family.  You took your first airplane ride and did an outstanding job.  You didn't cry on the flight, you ate, played and slept...everyone was amazed at how calm you were for such a little guy. 

You are growing up so fast my little guy, while I love each day seeing you change and grow.  A part of me is sadden at just how fast you seem to be growing up.  I wish I could video tape each one of your laughs, smiles and funny faces. 
Mommy loves you Bengie, thanks for being 100% you.

Te Amo Amor!

No comments:

Post a Comment