Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, December 10, 2010

La Leche for more than just breastfeeding

As I stated in my previous breastfeeding post I originally thought my supply was low.  I was worried my little guy wasn't enough.  It was frustrating because no one told me about cluster feeding until I experienced it during Ben's growth spurt.  Thus in my frustration, I packed up my little guy and went to a la leche league meeting. 

The meeting was completely different than I thought it would be.  It was small and intimate - there was a total of 4 mothers there and 2 facilitators.  And we discussed more than just breastfeeding, we discussed cloth diapers, baby carriers, mommy and me playgroups in the area.  We shared cool websites and discussed returning to work, it was a good experience.  Too bad the ladies only meet once a month and once I go back to work it will be during my work hours. I would be lying if I say that the reason I want to go back is not because I am having issues with breastfeeding but rather because I enjoyed the commodore and the small group environment. 

It was a good experience and I would recommend them to anyone who needs encouragement when they are having a hard time breastfeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment