Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Maybe just maybe I am obsessed

When I was researching different things when I was pregnancy one of the things I rolled upon was cloth diapering.  After hearing that it would encourage potty training at an earlier age and that it would save tons of waste in the landfill.  On the other hand you use a ton of water in washing the cloth diapers every other or every 2 days.  After all my researching the pros and cons I decided cloth diapering was for me.

However, once I had Ben and seeing how tiny he was I was apprehensive about putting cloth diapers on him...don't ask me why.  After two weeks of disposables and his belly button stub falling off I transitioned to cloth diapers.  I started with prefolds and diaper covers.  All I had was one AIO, and about 5 diaper covers with 15 prefolds and about 15 cloth diapers (that I ended up doubling).  Anyway, fast forward to the last month and I saw just how many options in cloth diapering I had - prefolds, AIO, AI2, hybrid systems.  And there were so many brands and so many people who liked one brand over the other.  I started out easy and purchased used lots because I wasn't sure I would stick with it.   However, it wasn't before long that I became a little obsessed with buying diapers and trying the different brands.  (Poor hubby and his ebay account.)
 I started getting a little overwhelmed, so imagine my joy and excitement when I joined a local mommy and me meetup group that's having an information session on cloth diapering... I am so excited.  Honestly, it will be at least 60 mins of all cloth diapering advice and seeing what other mothers have been doing.

I can't wait until tonight.  I will be sure to share my experience with you all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment