Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pregnancy test for a dollar - not such a baragin

My advice, never buy a home pregnancy test from the dollar general!


It wasn't until the lost season premiere that I realized 2 lines meant positive ( for some test), this is what I get for having a man read me the pregnancy test instructions, that I started to panic and wonder could I really be pregnancy?!


Here I am staring at my fourth pregnancy pee stick at 6 am in the morning before my yoga class... and staring back at me was those bewitching two lines... I was shocked the first two dollar store test I took said I was not pregnancy. I had walked around triumphantly for 3 weeks I had once again cheated fate. I was going to rectify my sex before marriage situation of course but God loved me and knew me and motherhood were not a happy pair.



I burst into tears and called the one person I figured would be awake my dear sis. She herself the mother of 2 (I had always wonder how people got pregnant with so many ways to not get pregnant) has a 3 month old who only takes cat naps and never sleeps through the night and wouldn't you know it! She was actually asleep. So I called my girlfriend in the Midwest and she was groggy but answered her phone. I went on to explain to her my dilemma.


First let me say...I adore my nieces and nephews but to have a child of my own was not something I ever really planned. My type A personality couldn't figure out how a baby would work in my master life plan.


SO there I was 6:15 on a Thursday morning crying in my bathroom, my fiance across the country for work and me an emotional heap. I didn't want a baby, we had discussed waiting 3 years before even talking about it...we were still trying to figure out how marriage would work and how I would deal with being a step-mom and now I am pregnant...


I was distressed to say the least and what kind words did my friend have for me...go see a doctor. Those test are not always 100% correct. And not to tell anyone I was calling my baby a parasite...



No comments:

Post a Comment