Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Monday, March 22, 2010

The winter wait

As soon as 9am came around I called my OB -GYN, I was at work so I had to whisper, work is a whole other matter.



I whispered: "I need to make an appointment"



The perturb nurse replied: " ok, what do you need an appointment for?"



whispering even lower: " I need some blood work done."



The nurse even more confused: "ok, do you have a doctors order? have you been here before? why do you think you need blood work?"



"I need to a pregnancy test." I replied in barely a whisper



The nurse, finally catching on: "Oh, well have you taken any at home test?"



Me in my hush tone as if the whole thing was being recorded by the CIA: " Yes, I took four- 2 negative, and two positive"

The nurse: " Which was first?"



Me in a somewhat regular tone because I figured by now I could be talking about anything, " 2 negatives first and then 2 positives."



"Well" she replied," those new test are pretty conclusive so you probably are but we will do some blood work when you come in and find out for sure."



Great just the words I didn't want to hear..."those test are pretty conclusive"...what! since when?...last time I checked those things were unreliable!



And to top it off the next appointment was 5 days away....I told her I would take whatever she had and hung up the phone.



Great...5 days of waiting and not knowing if I was or not. I had always heard people say they knew the moment it happened they could feel the change in their bodies. I didn't feel a thing...all I knew is that Aunt Flo failed to show up at her expected time and lately she had been coming as scheduled whether I felt like entertaining her or not.



So I waited 5 days and all of sudden I started tuning into everything my body did and every feeling it produced it was exhausting really...



And then wouldn't you know it the weekend before my doctor's appoint the Blizzard of 2010 hit.

My doctor's office called me to say I should re-schedule and so I did for a week later. Turns out snow can shut a city down for a week! SO not only did I have to wait I had to wait at home with my man in a totally different state...and no where to go because everything was closed due to the snow. I had a week of lots of sleep, a little nausea and lots of free time to think.

I told my fiance I was pretty sure I was pregnant and he, like my girlfriend, wanted the proof of a blood test. However, by the end of my week home I was convinced I was pregnant. My nipples were sore every time I ran and I was insanely moody... but everyone wanted proof so I kept my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment