Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, October 1, 2010

Waiting is the hardest Part

Ok...so we still have no baby...
I am one day past my due date which was yesterday...

I had a doctor's appt and they said 90% effaced and 2 cm dilated.  They asked me to schedule an induction date, which I put down for October 6th.  However, my doctor told me that was too late, because my weight jumped 10lbs in a week.  I seem to be retaining fluid like there's no tomorrow...So should nothing happen this week we will be induced on Monday. 
On top of scheduling my induction...they scheduled me for an ultrasound today.  So this morning hubby and I headed to the office to get the ultrasound.  Little man was still sleeping and I didn't eat breakfast...so he wasn't very active doing the procedure...but he did get enough movement so they could make sure he was ok.  I got to see him in there, head down...little feet and hands...aww.. Then the ultrasound tech went to talk to the doctors, fingers crossed they would induce today...we waited and then waited some more...to be told to go home and hang in there...so at home waiting I am...
Honestly, I would prefer not to be induced, I hear induction cause more painful contractions.
I got some red raspberry tea that was suggested to help move the process along- have yet to try it but will probably do so on Sunday.  Also, I am going to start walking.  I have tried the sex but that doesn't seem to do anything but give contractions that lead to now where...sigh...Everyone tells me sex is fool proof but I guess my little guy isn't convinced.

The only hangup is...I don't want to have the little guy on Sunday, because that's my SIL birthday, and if he is born on her birthday we will never hear the end of it...so no attempts to aid the process will happen on Saturday, they will resume on Sunday after about noon.  I know hubby and I are a bit odd but we both agree having the baby on SIL birthday would mean a lifetime of annoyance...for us and him...poor guy.

Back in the womb world - it turns out the estimated weight is 8lbs 7oz!  NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  I swore up and down my baby would be under 8lbs...I don't want anything over 8lbs coming out of my vajajay...Not mention by the looks of things my little man has a big head...really little man...use that head and push your way out before you get too fat...

Either way, I have reached the tipping point and as much as I know there is more work when he is outside rather than inside...I am seriously ready to have him as an outside baby...So my darling jelly bean, be forewarned if you make no moves to come out, you will be physically removed from  my womb ( the place you have called home for 10 months) on Monday...I love you but sometimes little birds need a push out the nest to spread there wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment