Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, February 11, 2011

4 month check-up

On Wednesday - the hubs stayed home with Ben since he was still a tad bit congested and fussy.
And I went off to work.  Work was crazy as it always is and I heard back from the interview I went on last week more on that later. 

Anyway, after getting home for work it was time to bundle up the baby and head to see Dr. DTP, Ben's pediatrician.  We got in the office and for some reason I couldn't remember the doctor's name.  It's a two women practice and I always remember the other doctor's name but not Ben's.  After that mommy brain moment and a little waiting we were called back and we changed Ben's diaper so the doctor wouldn't be subject to any foul matter...then the little guy got weighed.  Of course he was active and wiggling around so this took a little while.  Finally we got the weight and other stats.

Weight - 18lbs 5 oz ( give an oz or two because he was holding on to the hubs hand in effort to keep him still). 
Height - 26.26 in
Head circumference - 42

What...I have a toddler...lol..His weight is 97 percentile.  I am not too worried because his weight gain as slowed down considerably since month 2.  And he's really only gained 3.6lbs in 2 months...not to bad.  He's still a butterball but that's ok... And at least this month he is on the chart at 2 months he was off the chart because he had put on so much weight.

Still can't give him cereal, doc says keep him on the breast milk until the next check up at 6 months, unless of course around month 5 he seems really unsatisfied then maybe add plain grain cereal.  I told her my concern about him not rolling over yet..apparently heavier babies take a bit more time considering the extra poundage...go figure.  Other than that he was talking away and grabbing her instruments so she says he seems to be developing fine.  He got his month 4 shots...after the first one he was still babbling and smiling, I guess the pain hadn't caught up with him he was too distracted but that second shot sent him a wailing...but yesterday and today his fine...thanks God no fever or fussiness.

So there we have it ...I have a turkey ball that is 100% healthy with a mild case of eczema.

No comments:

Post a Comment