Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

4 months

My dearest son,

 Four  months of life outside the womb and you are coming along quite nicely.
You still wake up at 3 am for your 1st morning feeding.  Most nights you go down like clock work at about 9:15pm.  You are a joy to be around and wake up smiling and laughing even on your sick days.

During the last month you have survived daycare and a huge adjustment in your daily routine.  And you did it for the most part uneventfully.  You have started taking a nap at daycare which has allowed you and mommy more playtime in the afternoons.  You had to be upgraded to a car seat.  Although we still use your infant carrier, it's clear you are much more comfortable in a car seat.  Today we will find out your weight and height development but just by looking at you I know you have grown quite a bit and put on some weight which is just fine by me.

This month you have gained much better control of those things called fingers and will pick up things dangled in front of your face no problem.  Also anything at your side during changing time you also seem to be quick to pick up.  You have started to lift your head up on your own when sitting so as to look at things or people and to reach things that are just a bit further than an arms reach.  You adore story time and stay quiet the minute you see a book being opened to be read to you.  Mommy is excited about taking you to the library for story-time. 

You still haven't rolled over which is not ideal but you enjoy the rollover game when mommy plays with you.  And you seem to be able to get from your back to your side but not from your belly to your side or from your back to belly.  Of course, mommy who is an over-achiever is not pleased, but you are still developing and I am sure once you master the roll-over we will all be in big trouble. 
This month has also marked an increase in noise and sounds and for the first time opening your mouth when I put something other than a bottle or a breast to it.  Could it be that you are almost ready for cereal and some pureed food?...mommy will be sure to ask your pediatrician.

Aww...Ben, you are getting so big so fast.  You love to watch other children play and seem almost mesmerized when ever other kids are around.  Soon my son that will be you but not too soon.  Mommy and daddy love you very much and are enjoying each and every one of your little milestones.  You are deeply loved my son and we hope and pray that you always feel that way.

Your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment