Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekend happenings

Last weekend was jam packed.

Hubby and I took Friday off, originally we were supposed to go to the beach but then decided to use the day to run errands and get stuff done.
I just have to mention that hubby was a Marine, so anytime he is in charge our life is scheduled by the hour and it's all about getting things done. Sigh...I hate that. So Friday he had a list of things that need to be done and a deadline. In the am he allowed me to sleep in and then I did some pregnancy yoga...

On a side note my hour of yoga was great but it also made me realize just how out of shape I am and just how tight my quads are...sigh...I want to try to get 3 sessions in a week so that I can open up my pelvic area and to stretch out the kinks I have in my back... but I digress...

In the afternoon it was go go go...we went to finally do a baby registry at Babies 'R' Us. It was a bit much, I couldn't decide on a crib and then we had to pick a swing, a jogging stroller and all these other things for my little Jelly Bean that I honestly have not had the time to research or think about. We did ok but I am sure we missed a ton of things. So I will have to go through the check list they provided. It took all afternoon to do the registry and we only went to the one store and then a target run. Then hubby had to go help out at church and I went to get a mediocre pedicure...

Sat - as always is one of more lax yet busy days...with church and church activities that sometime last all day. I will have to tell you all about some crazy stories I heard on Saturday.
Then Sat night, I started cooking for the week, lentils and a veggie lasagna then we hung around the apartment.

Sunday, was the big day...we had a home inspection scheduled on the house we intend to buy. A very quaint split-level. I am excited about the house...it's not as new as I would like but it has some cute accents like exposed beam in the breakfast nook and a good size back yard for the kids and my garden... Also, I was able to start envisioning the room I want for my little man. Which includes a tree stencil...anyone know where I can get on...I know I saw one online a while ago or was it on HGTV or extreme home makeover...it was a tree stenciled around a window...loved it.
Also, while hubby was out trying to fix his car Sunday morning. I got some clean up and packing done...allowing my nesting urge to be active for just a few hours...of course after all that I was beat and ready for bed by 9:30...

I love having Friday's off...love spending time with hubby although he drives me crazy...and of course being able to shop, albeit window show, was fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment