Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Daddy freak out

Last Thursday was my first birthing class.

I missed the first class because I was at the beach or rather away for work near a beach.

Anyway, Hubby has agreed to go to birthing class with me which is nice, and something he didn't do with his first so it's a new experience for him. We get to class early and he's pumping up our ball and they are playing a word search game of the different stages of labor and the parts of the baby and women and all the names for what goes on during the process. Hubby is great at competitive things so he sails through the game no problem. Then the teacher puts on a birthing video...and hubby is fine making jokes and all...
The video is the birthing story of a man and a woman and their first child. It talks about the stages of labor and the things the lady, Deb, did to relax since cope with the pain since she decided to go drug free. Then of course it shows the birth of the couples baby girl and that part was gruesome even for me who's been there while a baby was born but I have never looked or seen the actual baby coming out because well it's a bit much for me...

So we watch the video and the couple talk about the bonding experience but also how difficult it was...lights come back up and my hubby is white as snow and looks like he's about to pass out. The teacher comes by and rubs his shoulder and he's like please don't touch me, I feel light headed and weak...I think I may pass out and he goes on like this for about 10 mins. I was hysterical...My hubby a man's man, he's macho can build a house, lay carpet, he's great with his hand and a manly, burly type man fainting over a labor and delivery video...it was too much. At first I thought he was kidding but he was serious. He even promised not to come to class if they kept showing the videos...now that part I know he was kidding about but still the whole situation was quite comical...my poor hubby...
I had to call my mom after class and ensure she would be there when I deliver my little one because I honestly don't think hubby is going to make it past active labor into the pushing phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment