Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, July 23, 2010

Stranger Touch

Yesterday, I left work early and went for my bi-yearly teeth cleaning.

I like the ladies in the dental office they are really nice and sweet and always full of funny stories. My Hygienist is really sweet and we are close in age, thus we always end up talking about the oddest thing. Since they hadn't seen me since December they were all talking about having met the hubby, he was in there a few weeks ago for his oral check up, and then they realized I was pregnant so then talk turned to baby names. My hygienist spent the better part of my cleaning time talking about baby names, then the doctor came in and checked me out and was gone. I mean I know I got my teeth polished but it didn't feel like my usual clean and that could be because I have less plaque because of my regular cleaning or because we spent most of the time talking.

Then I go to pay and I end up talking to the ladies in the front for like an hour about there birthing stories, pregnancy weight gain and baby names. I was truly amazed. One of the ladies says go with the epi, but the other was like go natural she had 3 kids and did epi with 2 and natural with her first and she preferred the natural. I was surprised to hear that because most people would rather go without the pain. So there we are in mid conversation and we are talking about all my weight is in my belly and that's probably true, that and my arms but I am top heavy by nature so I gain all my weight upper body, which is harder to lose but such is life. And out of no where one of the ladies touches my belly. I think I stuttered mid-sentence but then keep going. Ok so she is not technically a stranger but I am averse to people just touching my belly...and it was the first person to do so who I wasn't like good friend or family...just took me by surprise a bit. I wasn't mad just caught off guard. Interestingly enough no matter how many pregnant women I see and talk to...I get no urge to touch there belly. I used to touch my sisters when she was pregnancy with my first nephew and she hated it...I figured most pregnancy woman don't like to be man-handled so I stopped. And now I know it's just odd having people run your belly...

Anyway, I have had my first stranger touch...can't say I am a fan but not hating it as much as I had anticipated either.

No comments:

Post a Comment