Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let the touching begin

It usually goes something like this.

Random Person: Hey, how's it going...wow you are getting big...how many more months do you have until baby comes?
Me: 2 and a half
Random Person: oh wow...you still have time. What are you having do you know?
Me: Oh we are having a boy, which is what we wanted..
Random Person: Oh ( they start reaching there hand out) that's good! (and then before I can stop them or even realize what's happening they are rubbing my belly).

OR

The other famous one is:
Someone sees me and gives me a hug and then after the hug they rub my belly.


Beware all you preggers moms...apparently there are no personal boundaries when you are having a baby...first that baby makes itself at home and then strangers are touching you left and right...it's almost like an out of body experience...never has my body felt so much not my own.

I honestly don't remember touching other pregnant woman growing up...I thought America was big on personal space and that a 10 inch invisible wall sound every person on each side...yeah well not so much.

Most of the people who rub admittedly I am acquainted with but it's a even weirder when my male acquaintances do it...

I mean would people still rub my belly if I was in a pissed off mood...would they get the hint that on that given day they should revert back to personal space rules? I don't know...one can only hope.

I tried to tell hubby about it because well he is my sounding board and he was like well you shouldn't be surprised. To which he adds if that was me, no one would be touching me...great thanks for the support buddy!

1 comment:

  1. I heard a story about a pregnant woman_ someone came up and rubbed her bely, so the pregnant woman rubbed the persons belly back. Of course the other person was shocked, but the pregnant lady just told them - you don't want me to rub yours? Don't rub mine. I always thought I wouldn't mind people rubbing my belly while pregnant. No one ever did the first time around, but this time my in laws have, and it is sooo weird, and I even know them! I don't think I'd be cool with a stranger doing it.

    ReplyDelete