Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

HOLIDAY Wrap Up

Before I move on with 2011 here is my  My holiday wrap -

December was my last month of maternity leave and my first month (really) out of the 6 week haze that comes after giving birth.  So the month started off with a bang.  I went to a cloth diapering workshop which was cool...Ben was good and sat through most of the workshop.  Before our big christmas getaway we worked on closing on the our new home, but was postponed until the end of the month because of hang ups with the title company. 
I attend my office christmas party sans baby, which was nice but I had to buy a new dress which was a little depressing.  However, Ben was good during the whole shopping trip and was even kind enough to fall asleep so I could go in the dressing room and try dresses on...best baby ever!

The office party was nice everyone asked about the baby and how I was feeling and if I was ready to come back to work.  Then the Monday after the party I took Ben in the office for my coworkers to meet him and eveyone oooed and ahhed and that was nice and I discussed with my boss about returning to work part-time during the exclusively breast-feeding period...she agreed to this arrangement  in the short-term.

Then on Dece 18 we flew out of the our local airport to Trinidad and then to Tobago...It was a big family vacation.  My mom met us there and so did 2 of my aunts and a bunch of my cousins.  There were about 18 of us in total  we rented this awesome guest house with a pool.  The kids basically spent the whole vacation in the pool.  And my aunts, my mom and my grandmother spent the whole time spoiling the kids, especially Ben. 

Let's not discuss the reasons this was an awesome trip... I got to read a book ( the guest house had a mini library)...I mean I got hours of reading in.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a great book if anyone is interested.  I got moments alone with the hubs because my cousin would take the baby for moments on end and Ben slept great he would go down at 8pm, wake at 3pm to eat, back to sleep and then back up at 8 to play...He took two naps a day and enjoyed all the attention he got.  Icing on the cake I got to go the beach twice and ate tons of great food. 

Of course it all ended too soon, and we were headed back home.  After getting stuck in the airport for 10 hrs because the flight back was cancelled so we got rerouted from Houston to Miami in order to get back home and then spent a night in janitor's closet of a hotel room...all part of the experience I guess. 

Then back home, where we closed on the house we wanted the same day we arrived back and then moved the following weekend.  We spent New Year's eve moving ( the hubs did all the heavy lifting...I kidd u not) and then going to bed at 10pm we were so tired and then brunch by a coworker the next day...Sigh...hectic...hectic month but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment