Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pantry Challenge Menu

So in order to save money and to clear out my pantry I joined the pantry challenge.
I started cautiously last week and worked on a menu with the hubs for the coming week.

last week the menu was ad hoc but went something like this -

Wed - some cornbread mix I had in the pantry and a can of bush backed beans on Wednesday. 
Thurs- I had some quinoa in my pantry and cooked the rest of that to go with a PF Chang's frozen Broccoli and Chicken from my freezer.
Fri - I cooked up some red lentils ( for next week - these came out delicious) and I made some chili probably for Saturday - from some red and black beans I had in my pantry and some soy protein also from the pantry.

The Coming week Menu is as follows:

Sun ( today) - Pizza - hubs requested this as he gets no junk food in February
Mon- Red Lentil Stew and Quinoa
Tuesday - Chickpea and Couscous Salad
Wed- Sesame and Ginger Veggie Stir Fry and some Quinoa or Couscous
Thurs - Left Overs
Fri - Taco Salads (with chili)
Sat - not sure

We will see how close we are able to stick to the menu but I think we will be ok.  Breakfast will always be some fruit ( we have grapefruit and frozen peaches and cherries) and oatmeal  or a smoothie for now and lunch for the hubs is usually whatever is leftover from the day before and I usually have some Ezekiel 4:9 bread and a salad or something from the cafe at work ( I have credit there that I am trying to use up)  Friday is payday...so I will be able to replenish my fruits and veggies then.  Wish me luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment