Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, January 21, 2011

Mission: Mummy Tummy

Ok...so after I had my wee one...I lost 37 lbs in the first 6 weeks...awesome I thought I will have this baby weight off in no time...well I was wrong (faint wimper)

Another 10 weeks later and I have lost maybe 4lbs...I saw pictures of myself on facebook last weekend that my cousin posted from my awesome Christmas vacation and I look like a stuffed human skin...not so pretty...

So I am a mission...I would like to lose 20lbs by the time Ben's baby blessing which is exactly 60 days away.
And then another 50 lbs by year end.  It's reasonable really...But I do need to be careful I have been reading articles lately about losing weight two fast after the first 6 week loss can release toxins in the breast milk.  Also, that some people have trouble losing the last 10 lbs of baby weight until after they finish breastfeeding...I don't know but I am on a mission to try - with in reason I promise.

My strategy is to eat more fruits and veggies...I have started this for the past two weeks - with a few hiccups I have been doing well.

Step 2 part 1 - is to add back my workouts...I had been working out before my awesome vacation but haven't since we moved...so I am going to look to get a treadmill, some kettle balls and then fingers crossed add back yoga...all in moderate increments...we shall see.
Step 2 part 2 - is to read the book how to lose you mummy tummy and incorporate some of those techniques daily... I have the book from the library now if I could only read it.

I will update weekly on my progress...I am tempted to do PX90 but I think I need to work on building some strength before I torture myself to that degree...wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment