Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to our regularly scheduled program

Saturday was Jelly's 16th week inside my belly.

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and found out I had gained an unbelieveable 7lbs. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY!!!!!!! I couldn't beleive it...I wanted to cry. I mean I had been splurging that week but the weeks prior I had done a tone more veggies anf fruit. I can't blame 7 flipping lbs on a baby that only gained an 1oz and a half. Sigh. Nurse Carol would be appalled.

My doc, who I hadn't seen since last November when I wanted to put in an IUD. Smiled when she came in the room and was like what happened.. I laughed because of course she knows what happened but she said I look healthy (of course in my head the means fattened up). I like my doc though she's really nice and easy going. Turns out though she is leaving private practice to work in the hospital, which is great for her but sucks for me since I really wanted her to deliver my jelly bean. I have yet to meet the other doctors in the practice so we shall see. Of course, i mention to the doc that I am now the size of a whale and my baby the size of an apple, she laughed at me of course and says yeah it's a bit more than you should be but you are tall, her advice don't diet, start moving more and cut back on my treats. Great advice really.

Here's the problem, I feel less energetic lately than I did first tri. Sunday I slept all day until I was to go out with Hubby and his family, which was at 4pm! I did force myself to exercise after dinner because honestly, I have no excuse for the laziness and I need to be more active.
I have a nutritionist friend who, coincendentally is also preggers, and has agreed to look at me eating habits and make some suggestions.
I am determined not to gain more then 25-30lbs...but at this point I am half way there and the baby center tells me my baby's is about to have a growth spurt so I need to not have gained when I get on the scale in a month...here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment