Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Fantastic Find Sunday

Sunday was scheduled to be a lazy day for hubby and I.
It was slated to rain, so he was off the hook in regards to helping his mom with her fence. So he was all mine...Yippy!
Which means we slept in late. He made me a cinnamon roll for breakfast (no judgement) and then we got dressed and went to the farmers market and the indoor flea market he used to work at.

The farmer's market was bustling as always, it's right up the street so we didn't have to go far and because it was Earth Day there were lots of people out, not to mention this was our first time with the summer vendors this summer so I was finally able to get some tomatoes and we purchased some bread for the week. Then I found out which I also got from the show marriage ref last week, that we don't eat fertilized eggs. Bear with me folks but I always thought the eggs at the grocery store would have been a baby chick if they hadn't taken it away from the hen. Well Sunday, I found out that is not the case that chicken's lay unfertilized eggs and then a rooster has to fertilize it for it to become a chicken... I HAD NO IDEA!!!!! But I guess I also only ever thought of it in passing.

Next was the flea market, hubby has wanted to take me here since we met. Let me just say it was huge. There were tons of vendors selling everything imaginable, some used items and some new items. Mainly it reminded me of NYC on Flatbush Ave, because of all the clothes and accessory places, hubby says that I couldn't say that too loud because the people there like to think they are original (humm ok). I found an all natural store and got some herbal tea, non-alkaline deodorant and other natural items. Then surprise surprise...I located a lady running what in our day and age is a penny candy station, the candy was 10 cents. It was cool because it had a bunch of candy from when I was kid, which is oddly enough not that long ago.
The downside to the flea market is the smells, all commingled together...Not the best place to be longer than an hour when you are pregnant...especially with the food vendors selling chicken, fish, and anything else you could think of...the place made me slightly nauseous.

After that I convinced hubby to take me to an outlet mall, I had read on some one's blog about H&M maternity and I knew the outlet mall H&M would have some items in it and I was right. This was one of the highlights of my day because a) I heart H&M since my days huffing around Europe when the stores hadn't made it to all over the US and b) because I would like to think I am a trendy mama, even if I may not always be. I only got a few items, a cute pair of maternity jeans ( finally) they will help on those days I am not feeling this pregnancy thing so much. Also, in the outlet mall was a motherhood store, which was nice. I had been in the regular store before but thought things were a bit pricey for only 6 months of wear, but I was able to get a few staple work items for a reasonable price. The scariest part was when I put the pseudo belly on my current belly...OH MY!!!!!!!! At 9 Months I will be one big mama. Praying now for a little mercy and to have good genes...

While at motherhood maternity, I saw the snack bars and shakes they sell there for pregnant woman and after pregnancy, has anyone every tried those? I fear they taste like protein bars, which always taste so chalky to me.

All in all a great pregnancy day with the hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment