Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Saturday, April 24, 2010

knowledge is power or is it

I was talking to my girlfriend the other night as I walked.
And she was letting me know how glad she was that I was over the shock of being preggers so fast. She said she figured I would ignore or be in denial until there was no way I could ignore the growth in my belly. Of course I laughed because sometime I honestly forget I am pregnant, I feel normal just chubby, Jelly has been kind to mommy being unexpected and all he/she has given me very little problems.
And of course seeing one's baby 2 different times in an ultrasounds makes it hard to ignore or deny. So I have embraced my Jelly bean, though we argue about what she/he has done to the body mommy worked so hard to maintain...I know it's not the beans fault and more mine for giving into every craving that has arisen.

Anyway, our conversation moved to whether or not I should find out the sex.

To be quite honest, I am torn. I love surprises, for the most part, and think it would be awesome to just wait and see what I am having when I push it out. On the other hand not knowing makes planning for a baby and decorating a little harder. I told hubby I will let the ultrasound tech tell him the sex if he can keep it a secret, and then He can tell whomever is planning the baby shower and then they can all tell me then. But my girlfriend brought out a good point that people will give away the sex in conversation...Like have you felt him kick yet? Is she giving you any problems? And really I think I want the surprise. My mother is already predicting a girl and Hubby tells us all not to call his son a girl, because we don't want to confuse him.

The other issue, I really only have a girl's name worked out. Hubby and I can't seem to agree on a decent boy name.

In this day and age does anyone wait to find out the sex?

1 comment:

  1. We actually just had friends wait to find out the sex. So yes, people still do it! (And you will also find plenty of people on baby center who do as well!)

    They decorated their nursery in white and green, and bought uni-sex clothes. The Mom was convinced it was a girl, so she did let her mother decorate a lamp in pink... But, the baby came out, and sure enough, it was a boy!

    They loved waiting. If we have another baby after this one, we'll probably wait. But, with my son, we bought clothes before we knew the sex, and I was just sick of uni-sex stuff, lol.

    ReplyDelete