Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Sunday Part 1

Last Sunday Hubby had the day off from helping out his mom.
So we decided to do some things around the apartment, as well as go to the jewelry store and get my wedding band, seeing as the ceremony is 6 days away.
Hubby can be a bit of a procrastinator.

We head out first to the mall.
On our way to the mall we come to a busy interaction and as we wait for the light to turn we see a man on crutches waiting to cross 6 lanes of traffic. As cars are making a left on the street he wants to cross he decides to start crossing. As he gets half way across the street the left turn signal turns green for the cross street and cars start to turn. Of course none of the cars stop for him so he starts waving his crutch's at them. Finally he decides to go back to wait for the cross signal and as soon as he hits the sidewalk the walk sign comes on but rather than trying to wobble across the street he remains on the sidewalk grumbling. Walking around first limping then just carrying the crutches. I couldn't help it I started laughing...he waited so long to cross only to go back and decide he couldn't be bothered.

The light turned green and we proceeded to the mall only to find out the mall is closed on Easter Sunday. Is this a new thing? I don't remember stores being closed on Easter Sunday growing up. Although, I don't really remember going to the mall much, especially on Easter Sunday. Either way, I was really surprised. The only things open were the restaurants. I looked at my watch and told hubby maybe they open in the afternoon after church is over. Of course he laughed at me and said he doubts it.

So we drove to Ihop to get pancakes because lately I have been craving pancakes.

On the way back who do we see but the same guy on his crutches, on the same corner waving his crutches and mumbling. Poor guy not sure if I should feel bad for him or chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment