Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter - Part 2: Open mouth insert foot


So after trying to get around to at least two different malls we decide to just go to Ihop, because as I stated previously, one of the things I do crave is pancakes the way Ihop does them.


So we get to Ihop and hubby and I are talking about random things but also about how we need to start building a serious savings account, not that we don't have funds saved but just how much we want to put down on the new place and to have so that when Jelly Bean finally arrives we have a good enough cushion.


Somehow we get on the fact that I love the pancakes at Ihop. I was asking him if he thought there was some kind of secret recipe and he said probably. Then he likened it to the secret seasoning at KFC ( hubby used to work at KFC in high school), he says you have to buy the secret recipe and it's not recipe that the franchiser sends you but rather a mix they send and then you just pour it on the chicken. He says that Ihop quite possibly gets a powder mix or a batter shipped in large quantities that they fry up...it's probably not a recipt I could just look up like Doubletree's chocolate chip cookies, which are delicious but that's another story.


So we talk about this for a moment and I tell hubby, who thinks he could talk a begger out of his cup of quarters that well we could save money if I had Ihop secret recipe because then I could make the pancakes at home, seeing as I made him buy be a griddle because panckaes need a griddle can't just fry them up in a frying pan. Hubby, of course laughs at me and says what are you willing to put on that pancake mix. Being the competitive person I am, I reply there is no way they are going to give you there pancake batter or the mix just like that!


Again he chuckles and says well then put something on it, and me with my big mouth say ok if you get the pancake mix I will get you a new car because Hubby is in dire need of a new car. Although, we all know I will probably really get the car and drive it because getting a baby in and out of a coup is no small feat. Hubby of course smiles and is get up on his quest to get me that pancake batter.


5 mins later he returns and informs me, you have two options you can get the powder mix that needs to be mixed with other ingredients or you can get the batter which you can freeze and us at will. I laugh, no way they are going to just let you walk out of here with there pancake batter...

Which one would you like he replies.


I saw well if I can freeze the batter up to size months I perfer the batter but not a little I need a lot.


He smiles and says let me see what I can do.


As he works out his deal I head to the car because well, it's Sunday at IHop all the church people are at the door waiting to get in.

5 mins later Hubby emerges with a 20oz cup of pancake batter, letting me know it's the powder because the manager says it will cook up the same way, Ihop adds other stuff to the mix but all you really need is water and it should taste similar. So I look at him, that's not nearly enough. He chuckles, there is more where that came from. So of course I am intrigued, how much did this cost you...he laughs and says nothing I told the manager I needed to win a bet with my wife and that a new car was on the line and if he could help me out and so he did.


Stupid big mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment