Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The ceremony

So I married my hubby last month but we decided to wait until April to have the ceremony.
My mother, bless her heart, said there would be no time for a wedding ceremony once the baby got here so we should just have one before so we could focus.

She was right and she was wrong. My sister, the awesome woman that she is planned most of my wedding with lots of feedback from me but she did all the running around with her 4 month old and called and spoke to vendors. We also saved by having reception and ceremony in one location.

What I regret about not waiting is the bridal shows and incorporating some of the great ideas I have read about in the bridal magazines. I mean the wedding is low key as it can be with my family and will be beautiful, I just wish I could have savored it a little longer. Like a piece of cake that you leave in the morning knowing when the work day is over you can eat it and fully enjoy it...humm... Instead I have to make decision before I know my full options and really watch my cost. I can't splurge on a wedding when Jelly bean will be here in 6 months. I need to save up.

But she was right in that time wise I probably wouldn't have had the energy with a new born being a first time mom and all. I just wish I had taken more time to weigh the decision but seeing as how my wedding is this weekend...I guess it's too late for that. What had started as a small family and close friends only event as know turned into a 100 person wedding...apparently my mother doesn't do small events. She has become quite the socialite in her golden years.

I must admit despite my apprehension things have come together pretty nice and most of the people and even some we didn't invite have RSVPed. And it will be nice to have all our friends and family together.

I hope and pray my dress still fits, I got it a month ago but that was 5lbs ago. 5lbs which all seem to be in my breast. The first tri was just to exhausting and I could not keep the exercise up past the 9 week mark and since then sleep as won out over the morning walk more times than I would like to count. The issue is I gain all my weight in my upper body which is fine except that the dress is form fitted on the top and flares right under my boobs...

Either way, I am walking down that aisle with my hubby waiting at the bottom the wonderful man he is... I am very nervous...I always have those day dreams where I trip and fall and everyone is watching and it all happens in slow motion...yeah it could just be in my head but it has happened.

I also wanted to do this down the aisle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0&feature=fvw

but got vetoed by everyone but one person in bridal party...

No comments:

Post a Comment