Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Manage that weight

Suprisingly the fiance took me being pregnant fairly well.

He didn't seem surprised or upset... He is very even keel as a norm, although I would have preferred a more emotional response.

We had to decide what to do about getting married because we were tentatively planning to get married in October but the baby was due in October. So we decided to get married as soon as possible.

Of course upon telling our families this they wanted to plan a ceremony; everyone we talked to said that once the child came we would so not think about having a ceremony or marriage or anything else. My main concern was the weight...I mean I am not slim and trim and a baby who knew how that would affect me.

The first few weeks I kept going to yoga and running, but the tiredness and craving hit as soon as I realized it was being caused by a baby. The worst part about being pregnant was the nipple soreness. Running was painful, anything over a mile and I felt like my nipples were on fire I mean it hurt so bad it made me want to cry...

Then there were the cravings, that was something I wasn't expecting I wanted to eat every sugary gooey thing in sight. During my second doctor's visit the nurse let me know weight gain was normal but that I had to monitor mine so 2lbs a month for the first and second trimesters should be my max. WHAT!. That would be no problem if I didn't have outrageous cravings and nipple soreness. Thankfully research showed that once the first trimester was over some of those things would subside...thank goodness.



2 comments:

  1. Some of those things SHOULD subside, but not all of them do. I don't want to sound like a downer or anything, but there are some things people just never say about pregnancy. With my first, I had nipple soreness, but it seemed to go away once I got a positive. My cravings and food aversions just got worse. This one I don't really have cravings, nor sore nipples, but I have really bad morning sickness.

    If you haven't joined baby center, I would, they have message boards that are awesome, and you can join one for your birth month and talk to people who are due around the time you are.

    And I don't know if you're writing this as its happening or post dating some things, but with my first, my husband and I were engaged when we found out. I had JUST bought my wedding dress like 2-3 days before I got my positive. We still had a ceremony... A much smaller one, but still one, and it was nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...
    We are still having a ceremony- I tried to keep it small...apparently my mother doens't know the definition. I just pray my dress fits..

    I will look into the baby center.

    As for posting...the first few are back when I was in my first trimester but eventually I will catch up...

    ReplyDelete