Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Exhaustion

I have spent all week sleep walking.

No one told me the actual wedding day would be so tiring.
I literally was more tired after the whole event then I was during all the planning that happened.

Three days before the wedding I flew out to the wedding site.
And hung out with the bridesmaids and my family. Apparently I was more of a bridezilla than I thought I was being. The day before the wedding my mom was telling me how they were calling me a bridezilla. However, I felt I was being very nice to everyone and I was trying to be cooperative but people just keep trying to push there ideas on me.

The actual wedding day, was cloudy. I said a quick prayer that the sun would come out and that the temperature would warm up.

I took the bridesmaids to get their hair done, picked up some guest from the airport, and then headed to my mom's house to have breakfast. I was trying not to see hubby until I was all made up but that didn't happen because he came over for breakfast...so I gave up that tradition. Seeing as I was legally married anyway.

I left and rushed off to pick up the bridesmaids and then get make up done. Make up appointment was at noon but the wedding didn't start until 7pm. More than enough time I thought to myself. Who was I kidding? Time started to fly by at what felt like the speed of light.

Make- up was an adventure in itself... My sister didn't like the way the girl making her up was doing it and to be quite honest neither did I but my sister also didn't know what she wanted to look like and that was a big hinderance. So they had to make her up twice. So by 2:30pm we were just finishing make-up to head to the wedding site which was 45 mins away. ARGH!!!! and pictures were to start at 4:30pm. Of course, by now I was getting worried. We rushed out of the make-up place and I broke all speed limits to get to the my wonderful wedding site. Good news was the sun was shining...so things were looking up.

By the time we got to the hotel to get dressed there was still my hair to be done and the photographer and hair dresser were waiting. We checked in and up to the room we went. No sooner had we opened the door than I sat down to get my hair done, which also took longer than I planned but looked beautiful in the end.

Of course once we all got dressed it was 5pm and we were a half an hour late for pictures. Luckily the guys were waiting so the photographer was able to get some pictures of the hubby and then his men.

Ok...so this is where I got annoyed. We get dressed and head outside to take all the wedding party pictures, we now had an hour before guest were supposed to arrive. And we get outside and the photographer is like I am not ready for you ladies yet. Which is fine but I was limited on daylight hrs. So here I am in the resort restaurant waiting to take pictures. Wishing I had my own camera so I could be taking pictures myself. I sat there for 30 mins before we get called out. The the kids in the wedding party start crying...Sigh...so we had to move inside because it was too cold for the kids. In the end we sent the wedding party inside and took pictures of hubby and I.

The chaos continues, because a half an hour before the wedding the pastor texts us to let us know he is an hour away, and by 7pm only a handful of guest had arrived. So we move the cocktail hr to being first.
This worked out because it allowed us a ton more pictures, although in the end we didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would like. I walked around the next day and saw all these wonderful little places to take pictures...sigh...why...does the wedding day feel so rushed? I mean no amount of planning could have prepared me for how busy the day really was.
Then right before I walk down the aisle my maid of honor had lost the groom's ring. I lost it at this point....I just couldn't stop crying but also didn't want to ruin my makeup so I had to...My dad was a real trooper and remind me that it would be fine.
In the end we found the ring but still it was just too much for such an emotional day.

In the end the wedding day worked out well, again not as I planned but beautiful none the less.
What I wasn't prepared for was falling in love with Hubby all over again!
And the freaking exhaustion that follows the week after...poor Jelly Bean must have been wondering what all the excitement was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment