Featured Post

It's me again

I know...I am hugely inconsistent when it comes to blogging...which can't bode well for me or my readers. And I know I would be really a...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Book Review

Unfortunately, I didn't do the one thing in my first trimester that most doctor's suggest and that is get a book about pregnancy so that I am aware of all the changes my body was going through and how to cope.

For some reason this pregnancy has going by faster than I would like to admit and I am really not able to do a lot of the things I thought I would. So at the start of second semester I went to the library and signed out a bunch of preganacy books to get caught up and to prepare myself for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

Well, last week I finished my first I am preggers books. The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or everything your doctor won't tell you (Paperback) by Vicki Iovine

The book was undeniably hilarious, so much so one night I was reading it while hubby was sleeping and I was laughing so hard that I woke hubby up.
She is very opinionated but I would say many of the things she has stated in her book are true to what I have experienced so far. There are somethings I didn't agree with like the not exercising part.
And other things I found true and have had my girlfriends and family confirm, which is that pregnancy women crave sex a lot more than usual.

Either way, I would suggest this book if you want some of the facts in a brutal true yet funny matter.

The next book I need to read is the one my nurse practitioner actually suggested which is, "The complete book of pregnancy and childbirth" by Sheila Kitzinger

2 comments:

  1. I've heard from baby center that that book is very good... My favorite is your pregnancy week by week... It didn't really go into too much detail about what you would experience, but I really liked reading what was happening with the baby during the week. I wasn't a fan of what to expect when you're expecting... I thought it threw too much info at you at once and didn't really go into much detail.

    With my son, the first and 2nd trimester seemed to go by pretty quickly (the first the faster, the second a little more slowly) but, it seemed (for me) at 30 weeks, time stopped, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I do feel like first trimester flew by...I am hoping I can slow down the second trimester a bit so I can truly enjoy it before the fear of giving birth overwhelms me.

    ReplyDelete